Zinn’s friendly step by step guide explains the tools you’ll want and How you can know you’ve done the job right. The 2-color interior is simple to read—even in a dimly-lit garage or workshop. Hundreds of hand-drawn illustrations and exploded parts diagrams show just the best level of detail to guide you through each bicycle repair task.
This smartly organized guide shows How you can repair new and old bicycles from most sensible to bottom. In 520 pages, Zinn’s guide includes simple instructions for hundreds of motorcycle repairs and service jobs:
• Basics: How you can fix a flat tire, lube a bicycle chain, adjust the brakes
• Emergency repairs: How you can fix a broken chain, tighten loose spokes, repair a dishonest derailleur
• Easy shifting: How you can clean, lube, and adjust shifters and cables for smooth shifting
• Wheels: How you can install a brand new tire, change a cassette, true a wheel, replace broken spokes, build your personal wheels
• Overhauls: How you can repair pedals, chains and chainrings, saddles, handlebars, stems, headsets, forks
• New tech: How you can take care of 11-speed systems, electronic shifters, disc brakes
• Cyclocross: How you can set up a ‘cross bike for racing, make a choice the best components, and make quick repairs
• Troubleshooting: How to determine what’s incorrect with any bike and connect it
Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance makes bicycle repair and upkeep simple, quick, reasonably priced, and amusing. With Zinn at your side, you’ll know the way to keep your bicycling running smoothly for years.