Safe, Purified Water for Home, Camping, and More
The award-winning, world-renowned LifeStraw Circle of relatives 1.0 large volume water filter can filter out viruses from an improbable 18,000 liters of water (4,750 gallons) — enough to offer a Circle of relatives of five with clean drinking water for as much as three years.
This gravity filter is easy to make use of. Just pour water in the top, and clean water comes out the bottom. And it comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies.
Lightweight and highly portable, LifeStraw Circle of relatives is perfect for camping. It makes filtering water a breeze at base camps, at the same time as car camping, or when camping with groups. It is also great to have at home in the event of boil water advisories. Along with purifying contaminated tap water, in a worst case scenario you’ll use the Circle of relatives to take away bacteria, protozoa, and viruses from a fresh water source near your own home with the LifeStraw Circle of relatives.
The LifeStraw Circle of relatives water filter has been distributed to nearly each and every major international humanitarian disaster since 2005 and in broad public health campaigns in the millions. The similar rugged design used in places like Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Pakistan and Bangladesh is now to be had for consumers in North The united states.
LifeStraw Circle of relatives Specifications
- Filters as much as 18,000 liters of water to 0.02 microns (20 nm)
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.999% of viruses (>LOG 5 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.99% of protozoan cysts (>LOG 4 reduction)
- Requires no electrical power, batteries, or replacement parts
- Requires no running water or piped-in water supply
- Has a very easy-to-clean pre-filter and purification cartridge
- All raw materials are US FDA compliant or equivalent
- Flow-rate of 9-12 liters/hour of purified water
How LifeStraw Circle of relatives Works
LifeStraw Circle of relatives uses advanced hollow fiber technology. Water is forced through narrow fibers under high pressure. Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers, but bacteria, protozoa, and other contaminants are trapped within the hollow fibers and are flushed out by backwashing — making this a highly efficient method of filtration.
- Hang top reservoir the use of included string, and let the hose hang down.
- Fill reservoir (scoop straight away from a stream, or pour water into it).
- Removable pre-filter inside reservoir eliminates coarse particles.
- Gravity forces water down hose and through hollow fiber membrane cartridge where bacteria, parasites, and viruses are got rid of.
- Turn blue tap to release clean water out small hose on side of cartridge.
- Backwash filter by squeezing red bulb with both taps closed and then releasing dirty water from red tap. Do not drink water from red tap.
One For One Donation Program
For each and every LifeStraw water filter sold, a child in Africa receives clean drinking water for a whole school year, thanks to the donation efforts of the North American distributor, Eartheasy. Eartheasy uses a part of the funds to donate LifeStraw Community institutional water purifiers to schools in Africa. Eartheasy’s goal is to supply clean water to 500 schools in Kenya this year. Your purchase makes this conceivable. Thank you!
The LifeStraw Go is made by Switzerland-based Vestergaard. Founded in 1957, Vestergaard is a big public health company that specialize in complex emergency response and disease regulate products.
in the field (view larger).
Awards and Accolades
- One of the “Ten Things That Will Change The Way We Live” Forbes (February 2006)
- “Invention of the Century” — Gizmag (December 2005)
- “Innovation of the Year” — Esquire (December 2005)
- “Europe’s Best Invention” — Reader’s Digest (July 2006)
- “Best Invention of 2005” — Time (November 2005)
- 2008 Saatchi & Saatchi Award for World Changing Ideas
- “INDEX: 2005” International Design Award
- “Well-Tech 2006” Innovation Technology Award
Award-winning LifeStraw Circle of relatives is used by over 13,200,000 people around the world
Surpasses EPA standards for water purifiers: eliminates 99.99% viruses, 99.9999% bacteria and 99.9% protozoan cysts to 0.02 microns
Purifies 18,000 liters/4755 gallons WITHOUT iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals; Clean drinking water for a Circle of relatives of four for 3 years
Gravity filter – pour water in the top and clean water comes out the bottom; Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies
Drift rate of 9 -12 liters per hour