SE is proud to provide our Magnesium Fire Starter with Compass—the easiest addition for your gear for camping, mountaineering, trekking, boating, hunting, and so on., in addition to for keeping to your emergency/survival kits. As an added bonus feature, we’ve included a mini compass that will help you stay on the right track.
Features of this product include:
• Compact dimensions: 3” x ⅜” x 1”
• Solid magnesium body (silver color)
• Flint striking rod (black color)
• Serrated metal striker (green color)
• Mini compass, size: 4.5mm x 20mm dia.
• Detachable ball chain
How you can use the hearth starter:
1) Gather tinder—twigs, dead branches, dry bark, grass, pine needles, lint or paper.
2) Hold the magnesium rod at an angle above your tinder pile.
3) Use the striker to scrape along the length of the magnesium rod to create shavings.
4) Let the shavings fall onto your tinder pile.
5) Keep scraping until you’ve scraped a pile of shavings approximately the dimensions of a quarter.
6) Hold the flint at an angle over the pile of magnesium shavings, after which forcefully slide your striker along the length of the flint to create sparks.
7) Continue to slip your striker against the flint until the sparks you’ve created land straight away onto the pile of magnesium shavings & tinder and ignite the hearth.
8) Once ignited, blow gently at the magnesium shavings to spread the flames to the remainder of your tinder.
Please note for first-time use:
Scrape the layer of paint off the magnesium before the use of it to begin a fire.
Steer clear of getting counterfeit items. Genuine SE products come with our SE logo at the packaging.
SE is committed to providing the client with the most productive source for value conceivable in the marketplace. You are going to benefit from the quality, function and usefulness this Magnesium Fire Starter with Compass has to supply.
SE is a registered trademark safe by US Trademark Law.
3″ x 1″ solid magnesium with flint
Serrated striker in green
Compact and convenient size
Comes with compass & ball chain
Great for emergencies, camping, bonfires and more